From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 in myRIO LABVIEW 2017

Hi

I'm having a problem when I start a new myRIO project in LabVIEW 2017.

The dialog box presents:

Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in myRIOMetaDataObj.lvclass:PostCopyScripting.vi->NewProjectDialog.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

I analyzed all the paths and they not contain any character not allowed.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,880 Views)

Hi

I'm having a problem when I start a new myRIO project in LabVIEW 2017.

The dialog box presents:

Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in myRIOMetaDataObj.lvclass: PostCopyScripting.vi->NewProjectDialog.vi

Possible reason(s):

=========================

I analyzed all the paths and they not contain any character not allowed.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,872 Views)

How can we help?

You haven't provided any code for us to look at to see what might be wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,870 Views)

Hi

I can't build my code because this message appears.

When I click on "Continue", the program closes.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,867 Views)

I don't have my "myRIO" currently available, and also haven't installed the myRIO toolkits yet, but if I recall correctly, when the myRIO is connected to your PC via USB, then MAX can "see" it.  It might show up as a Remote System (since that's how it works with LabVIEW).

There is also information to be found on the Web (linking back to this Forum).  For example, No myRIO detected.  See if these suggestions are helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,843 Views)

My myRIO is operating. It starts and I can see values in test. The problem is when I try to build some application on Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,841 Views)

Using MAX, look at the software installed in your PC and on your myRIO.  Make sure they are compatible (i.e. you don't want LabVIEW 2017 on the PC and 2015 on the myRIO).  You need:

• LabVIEW (on Host)
  • LabVIEW Real Time Module (on Host)
  • LabVIEW myRIO Toolkit (on Host)

There should be a Getting Started Wizard that configures the myRIO (you may have already done this).  Did you set up your myRIO to use USB when running, or TCP/IP over WiFi?  I thought the Wizard set up WiFi -- I remember having some problems getting communications running with LabVIEW 2016, but I think we got it running, eventually ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,838 Views)