From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous input from NI USB 4432 and LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

recently I had some troubles while acquiring vibrometric and acoustic data through LabView. My virtual instruments seem not to work anymore, despite nothing has been changed in the settings. I attach two screenshots which explain what happened before and what happens now. I don't know if this could be a sw or hw problem. Does anyone know why can it happen? Is it because my acquisition card is broken?

Thank you for your help!

Riccardo

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,082 Views)

Hi Riccardo,

everything suggests that the card is broken, actually, since it seems to acquire only noise. If nothing has been changed in the settings, or in any other system component, have you checked that the inputs are correct?

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,045 Views)

Hi Alessia,

thank you for your reply! Unfortunately nothing changed in the virtual instruments configuration. I tested the hammer signal separately and it was pure noise. On the contrary, the other sensors seemed to work properly when isolated. I wonder if it could be because of the hammer cable, although I encounter problems with the other sensors too, when combined with the hammer impulse during acquisition (the hammer is used as the trigger source).

Best regards,

Riccardo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,041 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author riccardoroberto.delucia

Hi Riccardo,

in fact, based on the additional information you gave me, the hammer cable is the main suspect of the malfunction you've encountered.

Kind regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,032 Views)

Hi Alessia,

I hope so! Otherwise it would be necessary to substitute the acquisition card, which would be much more expensive.

Regards,

Riccardo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,025 Views)