LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent to VISA "Find Resources" for DAQMx devices in NXG 2.1?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there an equivalent to the VISA "Find Resources" VI that I can used to get a list of all connected DAQMx resources in NXG 2.1? I can see and select my DAQMx resources as constants / from the front panel, but I'm just looking for a programmatically accesible list of these devices (currently a 4-slot cDAQ chassis and 4 modules, if that helps?).

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JRiggles

I do not have DAQmx for NXG installed for some reason, but look for this property node.

Snap23.png

I assume NXG should have it.

mcduff

Message 2 of 6
(2,422 Views)

I found it! It was in that property node, but it wasn't coming up by default when I expanded the property node to show more list items. I had to select it manually, but it was definitely in there.

Thank you! You've just saved me a lot of time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,415 Views)

I am looking to find the model number rather than device name for DAQmx devices. I've looked all through the property node and not finding anything that can help.

What I am trying to do is select a specific "kind" of device, regardless of name, which may be different. For example if someone replaces the USB-6001 DAQ device in my new test fixture at some point, the name might change, but the model would be the same. I want to programmatically find the USB-6001 device and then use the reference for that device for future measurements. This simplifies sustaining engineering on the test fixture by not requiring the technician to have to rename the device or modify any code. I've done it this way for serial devices and it has worked great...unfortunately my Find VISA Resource subVI doesn't seem to work for DAQmx devices...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,318 Views)

snip.png

mcduff

Message 5 of 6
(2,315 Views)

Nailed it. Thank you! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,309 Views)