LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent circuit parameters of impedance analyzer

Hello,

I am using a LabView program to obtain and save the equivalent circuit parameter calculated by an Agilent Impedance Analyzer 4294A in an Excel spreadsheet. After running the program, my spreadsheet shows only zeroes for the desired parameters (resistance, inductance and capacitance). However, if I press calculate parameters on the Analyzer before running my program, the values displayed on the spreadsheet are the same as the one that were displayed on the screen of the Impedance Analyzer when I used it in manual mode. Several runs led me to the conclusion that my program is just recording whatever was calculated and displayed by the machine before the actual run, instead of taking continuous measurements and recording them. How could I check if that is the actual case and fix it?  If anyone has an understading about remote control of Impedance Analyzers I would be more than happy to send more specific information. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

alscastro.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,180 Views)

Do you have a manual for the instrument? That would be the best source of information on how it works.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,155 Views)

Are you still searching for solution of your problem? Send me your file, I will try to resolve i though i am not having the same model of RF Impedance Analyzer...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,146 Views)
Are you using the available driver? There's an example that comes with it. Does that work?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,137 Views)

Generally I am not using the available driver at NI portal because their functionality is limited. I only use SCPI commands provided by manufacture of instrument. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,130 Views)
Then you need to refer back to the manual and issue the correct commands. Or, look at the driver to see how it should actually be done.

p.s. There is absolutely no rule against modifying a driver.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,124 Views)

I will not be able to understand your problem, till i see your program.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,116 Views)

Check you trigger ON/OFF function in program

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,115 Views)

I was not the one who originally created the program so I am not sure if the way it was made is actually the best way. However, I do know it used to work in the past. I already looked at the programing manual for the Impedance Analyzer and the commands I send seem to be correct, but I couldn't find anything about taking single or continuous measurements. The program is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,087 Views)

I am not able to open the file in Labview 2011. It is saying that Labview 2013 is higher version of 2011...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,071 Views)