LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment customisation, palette/tool menu/vit's

Hey all,

Finally i'm getting round to creating my own LabVIEW palettes and adding items to my tool menu. Unfortunately, i've come across a couple of problems and havn't been able to find the answers browsing other articles.

1. I have created my custom palettes by synchronising with a directory (based on my server). Perfect. Is it possible to change the path of the Templates and Projects folder from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\templates and C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\project respectively so they are also server side?

2. I don't use the File->New->Templates option *ever*. I would much prefer to have my VIT's available on the palette/tool menu. I can add them to the palette. However, when clicked LabVIEW places them on my block diagram (it adds a nice T on the icon so I know its a template but it still defeats the purpose). I'm also aware I can use the place code on block diagram option. However, this appears totally useless for front panels as it places decorations/controls pretty randomly. The other option was to add them to the tool menu but it appears not to accept VIT's

Many Thanks,

Steve

Message Edited by SteveBale on 12-24-2008 04:02 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,501 Views)

No (luckily) you can't move the 'Tools' folder. (in older versions of LabVIEW (4.x or so) the menu item was called Project).

Renaming the actual folder will make a lot of tools unavailable (everything installed from OpenG) for instance.

To create a new instance from a VIT that is located on a palette you have to 'pin' the palette and right click on the icon, this will give you an option to create a new instance.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,478 Views)

Hi,
I made a .vit, and I would like to :

1) set this vi to the palette set.
2) create a new instance of the vi when i put in on the diagram.

TCPlomp wrotet :

To create a new instance from a VIT that is located on a palette you have to 'pin' the palette and right click on the icon, this will give you an option to create a new instance.

Ton

I can inline the .vit, or place the vit on the diagram, but I can not drag the vit on the diagram in order to create a .vi.

Is there a way to create a new vi from a vit in a palette function set ?

Best regards

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,120 Views)