From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Key and Table Control

Solved!
Go to solution
In LabView 8.0 is it possible to make the Enter key advance to the next row in a table control instead of advancing to the next control?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,237 Views)
On my computer this is the default behavior.  What OS are you using?  Do you mean the "Enter" key on the number pad?  You can use an event structure to capture the "Enter" key and then use a property node to modify the cursor location in the table.
Message 2 of 5
(3,201 Views)
Maybe you should check whether you re 'Enter'ing or 'Tab'bing... Smiley Wink

Because 'Enter' takes you to the next row by default, unless otherwise specified.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 3 of 5
(3,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gravy_Train
Yes, I do mean the "Enter" key on the number pad.  LabView does make the distinction between the "Enter" key on the keyboard, or as LabView defines it, the "Return" key, and the "Enter" key on the number pad.  And I'm sure I wasn't Enter'ing and not Tab'bing

I did end up working through this problem by using an a Key Down event on the Table control.  I checked to see if the VKey was equal to "Enter".   In the case that it was, I incremented the Row member of the EditPos property of the Table Control.

I don't patricularly like the solution, I kind of feel like a bull in a china shop, but it gets the job done.

Eric
Message 4 of 5
(3,173 Views)

Now I understand you meant the Enter key actually.Smiley Happy

All the time I was thinking of the Return key.

Yeah, I agree with you, it appears to be a bit of nuisance when it does not work on the Enter key of the Numeric keypad.Smiley Mad

Even we dont know where the cursor on the table cell jumps, it appears nowhere... Smiley Surprised

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 5 of 5
(3,155 Views)