LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlarging Get Panel Image

I need to enlarge the image produced by get panel image method of a vi. How do I do this? I'm talking about i.e. 150% or 200% enlarging.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,044 Views)
Try to find a little EXE (like those old Dos converters) to do the job and call it with Shell Exec.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,044 Views)
I am using LabVIEW 6.1 and have the same question. However, I do not know what 'Shell Exec' is. Is there another way to do it within the vi? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,044 Views)
flaterp wrote in message news:<506500000005000000B8020100-1042324653000@exchange.ni.com>...
> I am using LabVIEW 6.1 and have the same question. However, I do not
> know what 'Shell Exec' is. Is there another way to do it within the
> vi? Thanks in advance.

Create a subVI. Copy the graph from your top-level VI to the subVI and
enlarge the graph on the front panel of the subVI. Place a copy of
the subVI inyour diagram. When you need to create the enlarged image,
pass your data from the top-level graph to the subVI graph and use the
"Get Image" method on the larger subVI graph. If you need additional
properties transferred from one graph to another at runtime (like
legend text, axis labels, or cursors), pass a reference to the
top-
level graph to the subVI and read its property node values into a
property node for the subVI (larger) graph.

I don't think you want to try to enlarge an image created by the Get
Image method, since you will be trying to "blow-up" an already
established bitmap, causing a reduction in the resolution and poor
image quality. The best approach is to create a larger graph and get
its image.

gm
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,044 Views)
heh, i had just thought of the same thing. i'll try and see if i can get it to work. thanks much.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,044 Views)
I'm not sure how the 'get image' method is going to get me what I need. I am passing data from the top-level (small xy-chart) to the subVI (large xy-chart). Since the subVI chart is dependent on the top-level chart, I am assuming this is what is termed 'polymorphic'. If so I can't use the 'Print Panel To Printer' method correct? And 'Print Panel.vi' opens a new vi correct? I just want to print a portion of the subVI front panel that is already 'open'.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by:
'pass a reference to the
top-level graph to the subVI and read its property node values into a
property node for the subVI (larger) graph.'

If I want the subVi chart to reflect changes in the top-level chart, will the 'value' property be all I n
eed to select in the property node? I should also add that I am creating a header above the subVI chart from various other values within the top-level VI; and I want to print this header as well. I would appreciate the help.

Philip
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,044 Views)
To make it a little easier to visualize, I have attached an image of the section of code to which I am referring. The subVI is enclosed by the red box with the input terminals circled in green and blue. The cluster is the information for the header. I input the xy terminal with 'value' from a reference node, since the referenced xy chart and the 'hardcopy?' prompt are within different cases. I'm not sure this is the most efficient way to do it, but it is all I have been able to come up with.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,044 Views)