LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding charts and graphs in html report

I am passing several waveform chart and XY graph references in a html report, using 'Append Control Image to Report'. They all show up in the report nicely. That's not the problem. The problem is, the location where they are saved, all the charts and graphs gets saved as separate jpg files.

Is there anyway I can embed the pictures directly in the report and not have to deal with the extra jpg pictures.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,703 Views)

ipc wrote:

Is there anyway I can embed the pictures directly in the report and not have to deal with the extra jpg pictures.

I am not understanding what you mean.

Graphics in HTML files are either BMP, JPEG, or PNG.

If you want one giant graphic then you will need to "stitch" your graphics into one JPEG or PNG file yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,700 Views)

What I meant is, the Append Control Image to Report VI saves the image files to a directory, creating extra png/jpg files. Is there a way, I can directly embed control images into the report, not having to deal with the extra image files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,696 Views)

You cannot embed graphics in a HTML file. Read up on it. It isn't Word.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,693 Views)

Hi ipc,

Thank you for using NI Forums. I don't see a way to do this without creating the actual png/jpg files, but I'll play around with this VI and if anything magical happens I'll be sure to post about it!

Dan T.

Dan T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,676 Views)