LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding Microblaze on PXI 7853r FPGA

Hello All,

I followed this link https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8753 to embed Microblaze on to Virtex 5 FPGA of PXI-7853r module.

While compiling TopVI containing microblaze port in a single cycle timed loop I am getting following error:

LabVIEW FPGA: The compilation failed due to a xilinx error.

Details:
ERROR:HDLCompiler:806 - "C:/NIFPGA/jobs/MC19M1Q_r41egX9/mbnilabs1_wrapper.vhd"
Line 2: Syntax error near "ADDRESS_MAP".
INFO:HDLCompiler:1061 - Parsing VHDL file
"C:/NIFPGA/jobs/MC19M1Q_r41egX9/toplevel_gen.vhd" into library work
ERROR:ProjectMgmt - 1 error(s) found while parsing design hierarchy.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt - Circular Reference:
work:Architecture|NiFpgaPipelinedOrGateTreeSlv|rtl
INFO:TclTasksC:2116 - The automatic calculation of top has been turned-off.
Please set the new top explicitly by running the "project set top" command.
To re-calculate the new top automatically, set the "Auto Implementation Top"
property to true.

Started : "Synthesize - XST".
Running xst...
Command Line: xst -intstyle ise -ifn "C:/NIFPGA/jobs/MC19M1Q_r41egX9/toplevel_gen.xst" -ofn "C:/NIFPGA/jobs/MC19M1Q_r41egX9/toplevel_gen.syr"
Reading design: toplevel_gen.prj
INFO:Xst - Part-select index evaluated to out of bound value may lead to incorrect synthesis results; it is recommended not to use them in RTL

=========================================================================
* HDL Parsing *
=========================================================================
WARNING:Xst:2838 - Path definition '$XILINX/verilog/xst/nt/cpld_det_ver' in file C:/NIFPGA/programs/Xilinx13_4/ISE/vhdl/xst/nt/hdc.ini is invalid and being ignored. Check the path and ensure that any environment variable specification is legal.
WARNING:Xst:2838 - Path definition '$XILINX/verilog/xst/nt/unimacro_ver' in file C:/NIFPGA/programs/Xilinx13_4/ISE/vhdl/xst/nt/hdc.ini is invalid and being ignored. Check the path and ensure that any environment variable specification is legal.
WARNING:Xst:2838 - Path definition '$XILINX/verilog/xst/nt/unisim_ver' in file C:/NIFPGA/programs/Xilinx13_4/ISE/vhdl/xst/nt/hdc.ini is invalid and being ignored. Check the path and ensure that any environment variable specification is legal.
Parsing VHDL file "C:\NIFPGA\jobs\MC19M1Q_r41egX9\PkgNiUtilities.vhd" into library work
Parsing package <PkgNiUtilities>.
Parsing package body <PkgNiUtilities>.

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "C:\NIFPGA\jobs\MC19M1Q_r41egX9\NiLvFpgaClipContainer.vhd" Line 31: Cannot find <mbnilabs1_wrapper> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file.
ERROR:HDLCompiler:854 - "C:\NIFPGA\jobs\MC19M1Q_r41egX9\NiLvFpgaClipContainer.vhd" Line 21: Unit <clipcontainer_vhdl> ignored due to previous errors.
VHDL file C:\NIFPGA\jobs\MC19M1Q_r41egX9\NiLvFpgaClipContainer.vhd ignored due to errors
-->

Total memory usage is 179412 kilobytes

Number of errors : 2 ( 0 filtered)
Number of warnings : 6 ( 0 filtered)
Number of infos : 1 ( 0 filtered)

Process "Synthesize - XST" failed

Compilation Time

Can anyone help me in this....or put some light on it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

skhilar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,432 Views)

skhilar,

which of the two versions have you tried?

Please note that in V1 you need the Xilinx ISE/EDK and i honestly don't know if these are part of the Xilinx toolchain included in the LV FPGA module.

Also reading the comments in the community page indicate that newer versions of the Xilinx toolchain could induce issues, so please verify the version.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,417 Views)

Hello Norbert,

I am using MB-NILabsV2.

I have Xilinx ISE/EDK tools of version 14.4 which are used to generate Microblaze core and for SDK purpose.

While selecting FPGA Vitex5 LX85 there is no where mention of its package (either ff676 or ff1153) in NI documentation.

Thanks

Skhilar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,398 Views)

Hi Skhilar,

I am currently trying to get a Microblaze soft-core onto an NI FPGA.

I have an old PXI-7953R, which has a Virtex-5 LX85, I know the specifications for this chip are:

Virtex xc5vlx85

Package: ff676

Speed Grade: -1

I found this information by right-clicking on the target from an NI project and by selecting properties.

Here is another data sheet you can look at:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon_solutions/fpgas/virtex/virtex5/Virtex-5_LX_Product_Table.pdf

I have LabVIEW 2014 SP1 installed an I am trying to figure out which version of Coregen to use and which version of the Xilinx SDK to use.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,049 Views)

Hi all, I was able to run a simple MicroBlaze application on my 7953R board using a MicroBlaze Softcore Processor.

If anybody is having any issues, please contact me and soon I will put this on a github repository.

-John

Message 5 of 5
(2,989 Views)