LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed a group of customized 'scalable to pane' Control/Indicator in webvi. e.g Scada Looks Dasboard

I'm looking a Way to have customized controls/indicators on a webvi page which could looks like Scada Dashboard:

look at the highlighted portionlook at the highlighted portion

We've could replace most of the controls and indicators from above dashboard into flexible panel of a webvi except, the scada portion. 

What is the best way to embed those portion of scada dashboard in to webvi's e.g. placeholder? and allow them to resize with the container proportionally down to certain size?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,977 Views)

🙄

Will this be a difficult and complicated task? 🤔

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,896 Views)

Some body who might going to help me, may expect me to upload my code.

Ok, I here I attached my WebApp project code.

The main page of the WebApp, is looks like below:WebApp with resizable Custom Element (scada view)WebApp with resizable Custom Element (scada view)

Yes, it is expected to be flexible panel (responsive) and shall contain custom UI element (called: scada view) which could proportionally resizable with down to certain size.

ScadaView to Embed.png

I created a gvi under library  ScadaView.gcom, and this is how the scada should appear on the WebApp ScadaView Container.

I was able to call it as a function in gviweb blok diagram, but have no Idea how to call it to appear on the UI container.

Some body might help?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,878 Views)

Hi ThamS,

I created a gvi under library ScadaView.gcom, and this is how the scada should appear on the WebApp ScadaView Container.

I was able to call it as a function in gviweb blok diagram, but have no Idea how to call it to appear on the UI container.

LabVIEW NXG 5 Web Module WebVIs do not support sub panels or showing the panel of SubVIs. For this specific use case one approach you may consider is placing a Tab Control on your panel. Each tab of the tab control can be configured with either absolute or relative layout.

Configure a tab in the tab control with absolute layout to place the controls for the scada portion of the WebVI. Then configure the resize options for the tab control to participate in the flexible layout of the rest of the panel.

The following shows a panel configured for flexible layout with a tab control containing a tab using absolute layout:

tabsabsolute.gif

The following shows the WebVI running in the browser. When the tab control is configured to resize in flexible layout the size of the tab control shrinks and a scrollbar is added to let the user see the content of the absolutely positioned tab:

tabsabsoluterunning.gif

Milan
Message 4 of 5
(1,731 Views)
Noted,
Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,718 Views)