From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email a created text file by the click of a button

Hi

What I am trying to do it that: In the Front Panels, All the data is collected via String Control and other Control, then when a press saved, a text file is created and stored in the path that I specified.

It is possible in LabView to using a Button called 'Email Created File' to then e-mail that file as an attachment.

What VIs or example does such a thing?

P.S. I'm deploying it to a PDA.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,172 Views)

I have just tried using an SMTP Email Send File, but an e-mail pops up.

Some of the inputs are not real, but please take a look at the VI to make sure I'm in the right direction.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,151 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,149 Views)
Hi TDSquare,

I can't seem to open your VI, no error message pops up either.
Anthony Wong
University of Toronto
Chemistry Department
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,146 Views)

I used LabView 8, maybe you are using an older version to open it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,133 Views)

Hey,

An Error Code: 10050 is generated when I click the button. First it displays the message 'File has been sent', then I click ok which brings up the error. Are the inputs to the SMTP correct?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,114 Views)
Hi,

Does the Error message appear when you don't try to attach that file (ie: just send an e-mail with no attachment?)

The inputs look OK, so I would suspect it's a problem accessing the attachment file on the PDA - therefore best to check it can send without attachment first.

Best wishes,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,106 Views)

I think the error might be with trying to attach the text file. I'll try to send an e-mail without an attachment.

Thanks

I'll update you mid next week.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,104 Views)

Hi

I tried sending just an e-mail with a STMP Send Email Massage (small) VI, a different error code popped up (Error code 10038).

Is it because it does not know which e-mail account to use? Because the PDA has a Vodafone and outlook account?

The PDA sends an e-mail if I select a file, then send via e-mail and the select vodafone e-mail, then send.

Any ideas please.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,069 Views)
Hi TDSquare,

I think I may have found an answer for you.   I was getting the same error messages too. 

If you disable your virus checker, it should then run.

Try this and let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Seamus

NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,985 Views)