cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elgar Voltage vi problems.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to create a program to control and display the voltage and current frequency output of an ELGAR C-W801P power supply. The problem is that whenever I try and run the first half of my program, the control vi, the Voltage vi elgar packaged with it's drivers seems to call itself which then forces LabVIEW to open up the Voltage vi. 

I cannot figure out how to stop this and I need it to stop for this program to be implemented successfully.

I have included the affected program below.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crushed

That first VI is set to Suspend When Called. Look in VI Properties > Execution. Turn off Suspend When Called.

Richard

Message 2 of 4
(2,359 Views)

First, your sequence structure is absolutely unnecessary. Second, you never want to do this sort of think in a loop like you have. You are just hammering the GPIB interface by constantly sending/receiving data. You want to use an event structure so that the instrument is only programmed with a change in either the voltage or frequency. Third, I don't understand your question. The subVI ELCW Source Voltage Subsystem does not call itself. Your top level VI calls it with every loop iteration and I already mentioned that you should not be doing that. Also, if you want to do a read as well as a write, you are going to have to change the value of the control you labeled 'Numeric'. I would also suggest you make this a ring control like it is in the subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,356 Views)

The question was why is the Source Voltage VI becoming a pop up window whenever the program is run?

Also, if I didn't mention in my first post the program isn't even nearly complete and yes I do realize it is poorly written.

And thankyou Broken Arrow. You answered my question. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)