From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elegant modern UI way of displaying steps complete in a sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Is there a UI toolkit or a manual way to create a nice elegant modern UI way of displaying steps complete in a sequence? I've attached one example from the web.

I know the basic way in LabVIEW can be just a bunch of boolean indicators lined up and turned on one by one. 

But I was looking for a nicer way of displaying, like the example I've attached... a node tree or node line where the completed steps all turn green up to the current step.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,311 Views)

Are you using NI TestStand?

It has LabVIEW GUI too.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abvenk

Well, that's just a fancy Horizontal Progress Bar or Horizontal Graduated Bar

barCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 7
(1,282 Views)

Ah of course! 

I've used it a thousand times, but it didn't occur to me to overlap the progress bar with boolean indicators.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,264 Views)

@abvenk wrote:

Ah of course! 

I've used it a thousand times, but it didn't occur to me to overlap the progress bar with boolean indicators.

Thanks!

FYI, if you are referring to the picture, both pictures are of progress bars.  One is just a segmented progress bar.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,226 Views)

I like to use this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,218 Views)

@billko wrote:

@abvenk wrote:

Ah of course! 

Thanks!

FYI, if you are referring to the picture, both pictures are of progress bars.  One is just a segmented progress bar.

I meant, I got my idea of how to implement the "node-segmented" progress bar that I had shared a picture of. If I overlapped round boolean indicators with a plain progress bar, I would achieve the "node-segmented" progress bar.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,134 Views)