LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric dark and linearity correction with Ocean Optics USB2000+ driver for Flame model spectrometer

I am looking to implement electric dark and linearity corrections using the USB2000+ driver for a Flame model spectrometer in Labview. I am able to obtain spectra with Read Spectral Waveform.vi. However, the dark noise is ~2650 counts and clearly not being corrected by the electronic noise from non-optical pixels. When I switch over to OceanView and enable electric dark correction, the baseline drops to a couple hundred counts as expected.

So my first question is: how to best implement an electric dark correction using Read Spectral Waveform.vi? I see that Read Optical Spectrum.vi includes a Black Pixel Mean output. I could subtract that average from the output of Read Spectral Waveform.vi. However, Read Optical Spectrum.vi appears to be obsolete and I am not convinced this is the correct way to move forward. 

Similarly, I want to implement the linearity correction if it is not already implemented in Read Spectral Waveform.vi (it is difficult for me to determine if the linearity correction has been applied to the output of Read Spectral Waveform.vi because the result of turning it on/off in OceanView is not so obvious in the data). I see that there is a Nonlinearity Correction.vi which accepts Spectrum by Pixels (1D array of double). However, I do not understand if Nonlinearity Correction.vi is intended to be used with Read Spectral Waveform.vi and, if so, how to use it correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(764 Views)