From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elapsed Time VI Present Time String to Elements

To return to the OP's oeiginal query, and assuming that te elapsed time VI is used.

Rather than trying to extract specific bits of a string, which will vary depending on the PC setup, if you want to retrieve specific parts of the data/time...

Use the double Present (s) output, make it into a time stamp with "to time stamp", then "seconds to date/time" to comvert into a cluster containing each of the components. Extract from the cluster as required.

Rod.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(360 Views)

YUP- so on your system HH = 02 is about 15min after last call.  14 is tea time

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(357 Views)

@Falcon9a wrote:

Cool, that seem perfect, but now how do I turn the red line into an orange one?

Thank you,

Falcon9a

Sorry I missed this-  WHY NOT use the Present Time with an absolute time display?  no need to convert at all! it is an "orange wire"Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(346 Views)

I'm putting all of the info into a document at the end which can be checked by another person and they're comparing my data to the data taken by another independent sensor so we need times that can be eaily compaired.  Present absolute is in seconds since an abritrary amount of time so it's not as easy to compare with as present time.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(343 Views)