From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elapsed Time Problem

Hi All,

I am using the following loop to do a progress bar.  When my VI runs this loop the first time, it worked ok, then the second time the progress bar was wrong from start.  I suspect that the problem is due to the fact that the loop stopped before the Target Time reached in the Elapsed Time express vi.  Then the second time when the loop runs, the Elapsed time output didnt start at zero but at previously stopped value. 

1st, do you believe my description is the problem?
2nd. any solution to this.

P.S. I am using a sub vi that runs another loop to read out the progress bar. The sub vi has NO data dependency with the loop, i.e., it is parrallel with the loop.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Support on 04-19-2007 11:44 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,503 Views)
You need to attach your image. Currently the link points to your C: drive where we hopefully don't have access. 🙂

To reset your express VI, you could e.g. wire a "=0" to the iteration terminal of the loop and the resulting boolean to the "reset" input of the elapsed time VI. THis will reset it whenever the loop starts again.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,490 Views)
Create a local variable for your progress bar.  Set the variable to be "write".  Wire 0 to the variable. Wire the variable to your loop so that it is initialized before the loop begins.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,489 Views)