LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the acquired signal in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

wanted to ask if the straight line (which is coming just before the charging of capacitor) to be eliminated.

what i am saying is that we only want the shape which is in yellow region. the straight line which is coming just before the yellow region is to be removed.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(676 Views)

Hi Rahul,

I would do this in two steps:

1. search for amplitudes larger than 5 (or any limit you think is sufficient for your measurement data) : keep all data including 50 s before and after those events. (Now you should get the data between ~1700s and ~1900s.)
  2. Now search for very short pulses: when the pulse is less than ~10s you delete its data. (Now you should end with data from ~1740s to ~1900s.)

See how far you will get!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(673 Views)

Realizing now that you do not just want to zero out the out of range values but want to eliminate then completely...

Go back to the For loop that you showed in post #5 of this thread.

Right-click the output tunnel that carries your data and choose

Tunnel Mode >>> Conditional

You will now see a condition terminal that will accept a Boolean ( like you have wired in the bottom tunnel) that when true will include that value in the output array and when false will exclude the value from the output array.

Making that change will toss the out of range values from the output array.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(667 Views)

hi 

i am using PXIe-5114 through which i am acquiring continuous pulses of a machine. i want to eliminate the rectangular pulse (enclosed in red region in attached pic) or simply make the rectangular pulse zero.

kindly help for the same.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(673 Views)

You've already asked this question.  Don't create a new thread with the same question.

This thread is now merged into the oirginal.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(656 Views)

3 steps: Identify, Isolate, Eliminate

1. Identify - define criteria that finds and characterizes such "pulses".  Watch out for both false positives *and* false negatives.

2. Isolate - define how to bound the region containing exactly the pulse and only the pulse

3. Eliminate - straightforward after pulse has been identified and isolated

-Kevin P

[Edit: started answer before forced merge into old thread.  I'll leave my response up, but I no longer expect my mere hints to be enough, nor am I likely to take time to follow this through to the finish.]

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 16 of 18
(654 Views)

hello ben

i did what you suggested but it still shows the rectangular pulses (attached pic)

please correct me if i did anything  wrong in block diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(619 Views)

Apparently all of your values are in the range of 0-100.  The peak of that pulse is pretty much at 100.

Imagine what your waveform would look like if you changed that In Range and Coerce to, ohhh, let's say, 0-90?

Message 18 of 18
(615 Views)