LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the acquired signal in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

we acquired the signal from our machine in labview through NI-Dmax.

now we want to edit this signal which is a continuous pulse according to our suitability.  we want to eliminate the rectangular portion of the pulse.

how can we do this please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul1123

Wire you array of datat through a For and let it index on the edge of the For loop.

Inside the For lop use a "inrange" function from the Comparison palette to determine if the value is "in range".

Use the "inrange" output to controla Select node where the "True" input is your signal and the false is zero.

Wire the output of the "select" node to the output of the For loop and let it index on the output.

Done

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,539 Views)

The information provided by you is not working. we receive continuous pulses from our data acquisition card and the nature of pulse is attached below. Now we want to eliminate the highlighted portion of the pulse. Please help us to remove that pulse portion and if possible please provide a small program that how to eliminate it.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,506 Views)

@Rahul1123 wrote:

The information provided by you is not working. ...

if possible please provide a small program that how to eliminate it.  

It would work if you actually added the code I described.

"Show us the code" as I described and I may get a chance to tell you what is wrong.

"if possible"

I am here to help and not to work ... so no can do.

Give that code a whirl and post images if you still need advise.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,485 Views)

@Rahul1123 wrote:

Find the attachment

Go back and look at what I wrote previously...

"

Use the "inrange" output to controla Select node where the "True" input is your signal and the false is zero.

Wire the output of the "select" node to the output of the For loop and let it index on the output.

"

You did the first part I described but you left out the "Select" node.

The "Select Node" should a zero wired to the bottom False input and your  data coming from the FOr loop input tunnel is wired to the top input.

Every time the value is above the "80" the inrange Boolean will be fasle and then Select node will insert an "zero".

Ben 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,479 Views)

1.) what is the "select" node which you said i left out.

2.) if i give data coming from the FOR loop input tunnel is wired to the top input of inrange function than how can i assign the maximum value 

2.) this program eliminates the value which is above 80 and not eliminating the whole pulse.

i am not getting what you have explained till now because of improper grammatical statements. It would have been more easier if you have simply send a picture only of inrange function with the proper connections and true/false conditions. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,467 Views)

Hi rahul,

1.) what is the "select" node which you said i left out.

Open QuickDrop. Type "select"…

2.) if i give data coming from the FOR loop input tunnel is wired to the top input of inrange function than how can i assign the maximum value 

You don't wire your data to the "top" input of the InRange function. Nobody suggested something like that…

It would have been more easier if you have simply send a picture only of inrange function with the proper connections and true/false conditions. 

It would have been so much easier if YOU would attach your VI instead of just images. Nobody here is able to edit your images using LabVIEW!

Btw. why don't you use AutoCleanup?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,462 Views)

its working now but some portion of the highlighted pulse is still coming as straight lines (as shown is attached picture). we want to eliminate that also.

we are really sorry we do not have the authority to share the complete vi 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,452 Views)

Hi Rahul,

some portion of the highlighted pulse is still coming as straight lines (as shown is attached picture).

Please define "straight lines" in that image…

The plotted data are well within your limits of [0; 80] - the VI behaves according to your coding!

we want to eliminate that also.

How do you want to "eliminate" that part of the signal? What is the expected output?

we do not have the authority to share the complete vi

Nobody asks for the "complete" VI.

You can always create a smaller subVI, containing only the needed parts and some meaningful default data!

Still no AutoCleanup.

Still no labels on controls/indicators in the block diagram…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,449 Views)