cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing of the base objects

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! ))

I have a question. I need to edit an exists base object of the LabVIEW environement. I want to add my metods to it, and/or to edit its embaded (native) methods, for example. Does this language give this possibilitie to its users? If YES, how can I do it: with which tools?

Thank you for advance!
:))

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,475 Views)

Could you add a few more sentences and explain what you are talking about. For example what is a "base object of the LabVIEW environement"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,437 Views)

I think he wants to modify "LabVIEW Object", which one of course can do by creating your own class that inherits from "LabVIEW Object". But as with many other object oriented languages you can not modify the base class itself. It is the ancestor of any other class in LabVIEW but its functionality is strictly defined and can not be changed in the base class itself.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,429 Views)

Yes, you are right, I want to do just that!
Smiley Happy
But, unfortunately, I do not know how to do this in LabVIEW: what tools of the LabVIEW can I used for it?
Tell me, please ))

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gva

If you want to change the LabVIEW Object, you can't. If you want to create your own class you simply go to File->New... and in there select Other Files->Class.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,400 Views)

Thank you, rolfk ! ))
Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gva

If what you are after is a tool that utilizes a base object that derives from GObject to extend it, then have a look at G#: infoVIPM,  G# on LVTNGithub. So it is certainly possible to make use of it, although the base object GObject cannot be modified, but instead it can be inherited from.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,367 Views)

Dear thols!
Thanks for the thorough answer!
))

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,361 Views)