LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing an existing graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes my great man, you certainly did it. Thanks a zillion!

Have a very, very pleasant day!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,298 Views)
Thanks , for intervening on the coding style side, but he did solve my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,298 Views)
Another kudos for you, my mentor!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,298 Views)

Based on your description of (3) I don't see why you can't simply use a cursor for this. That's what they were designed to do. In fact, you don't need to do any of the code that Cory showed. All you need to do is this:

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 01-19-2009 10:39 AM
Message 14 of 23
(1,275 Views)

Smercurio, your solution moves the cursor to the location the same way my VI did.

However, you did nothing to check if it was near a maximum.

Cory K
Message 15 of 23
(1,262 Views)
The maximum of what? The user didn't specify any "maximum" restriction. What was requested was to select the "vertex" (i.e., data point) closest to the click, and if clicking someplace else, move to the "vertex" that's closest to that. What does maximum have to do with this?
Message 16 of 23
(1,249 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
The maximum of what? The user didn't specify any "maximum" restriction. What was requested was to select the "vertex" (i.e., data point) closest to the click

Look up the word vertex in the dictionary. The vertex, by definition, means the highest point of something, ie the maximum
Cory K
Message 17 of 23
(1,241 Views)

Cory K wrote:

smercurio_fc wrote:
The maximum of what? The user didn't specify any "maximum" restriction. What was requested was to select the "vertex" (i.e., data point) closest to the click

Look up the word vertex in the dictionary. The vertex, by definition, means the highest point of something, ie the maximum

I have to disagree here.  If you look at the definition, you'll also see that "node" is a definition and is the common meaning if you are dealing with any type of geometrical or mathematical context.  If the original poster wanted the maximum, the he would have said either "maximum" or "peak".

Message 18 of 23
(1,228 Views)

Kudos to you ! Now that is ,indeed, a more elegant solution. Loads of thanks to you, my guru.

Have a very pleasant day.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,219 Views)
Yes Cory! That definition does ,indeed, fits my needs.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,214 Views)