LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing TDMS file

Dear community! I am running the VI that controls a testbed and during this process I am saving on-click some data. Testbed can run different test and I save all of them in one TDMS file. To destinguish which data refer to which test I have added a coloumn with numeric code (two digit number, actually). Each value of this "code" corresponds to the specific test. I am happy to the point, but the question is:

Is there a way to edit my TDMS file within LabVIEW and substitute this "code" values by text (string) values? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,994 Views)

If you want to edit the TDMS file after it was already created and properly closed (so not opened and under writing by LV), it is very easy what you want: just read out the content of the file into LV, and then create a new TDMS file after performing the changes you want. Even you can delete the old file and name the new one using the same file name, so virtually it is like you modified the very same file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,954 Views)

I was actually trying to do that and I can substitute numbers with other numbers, but not string value. Could you be more specific with your explanation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,951 Views)

@Sergii_Lev wrote:

I was actually trying to do that and I can substitute numbers with other numbers, but not string value. Could you be more specific with your explanation?

Maybe you should show your code what you try to do. It is just way simple to read out data, and replace it with other data. You have a TDMS file. Read its content. Then create a new TDMS file, where it is 100% arbitrary what kind of data type (string, numeric, etc) you use for the channels (TDMS does not have columns, but channels. yes, if you open it with the Excel plugin, channels become columns).

What is your problem with the above procedure??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,945 Views)