LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit personal information of exe

Hey,

for our development team we have created a tool that leads us through our Builds and assists us in packing the necessary application files and the release notes into a zip.

Now we faced the problem, that the version that is updated via Application Builder is not updated correctly in each project. Sometimes it simply does not change. Our student spent a lot of time going through the forum and found some bugfixes that made it happen less often. But still there are some projects where this simply does not work.

Now my idea was - to finally get rid of this bug - to edit the personal information containing the version after creating the exe file.

There are many external tools, but my question is, if there is a possibility to do this without an external tool. Something that I can easily distribute and spread with the Build Creator library.

Did anybody have a similar issue and knows about a solution?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Jens

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(653 Views)

It is difficult to give advice without knowing the other discussions you mentioned.

The executable has a version that can auto-increment with each build, but the installer builder also has a version. Are you building an installer for the exe?

I have never had any problems with auto-incrementing.

Which "version" are you trying to correct (exe or installer).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(638 Views)

Hey,

thanks for the quick answer. I would have linked the forum entry of the bugfixes, but unfortunately I think not even our student knows those anymore.

Actually I am not talking about the "built-in" Application builder. What I did was to program a VI / LVLib using the Application Builder extension where you can programmatically start the build and set the build options. The code is quite big in already, so I can post it if somebody is interested, but my main goal would be simply, if somebody knows how to set the personal information just like you can do with Visual Studio, RessourceHacker, rcedit or similar tools.

Best Regards,

Jens

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(629 Views)