From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit and save Pulse Measurements vi

Hi i am trying to edit the pulse measurements vi located in Waveform measurements pallette.  I only want to measure the pulse width of a single pulse and therfore do not require the period and duty cycle measurements.  I think i need to edit the call library function node and then rename so as not to edit the original file.

I can edit the function node but under file, the save as option is greyed out and will only allow me to save under the original name.

Can anyone help in this matter?

Thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,368 Views)

Did you try a Save As beforehand?

It may reside inside an LLB, so you need to save it by choosing a different folder like navigating thro' the Windows Save As File dialog.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,366 Views)
Tried to save the name before making changes and again the save as option is greyed out.  Not quite sure what you mean by" like navigating thro' the Windows Save As File dialog".  The save as option is greyed out.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,360 Views)

Some of the VIs in the vi.lib is protected. I guess NI do not like that somebody with basic version just copy this VIs from someone else. What I do in cases like this, is to just copy the full block diagram and then paste it in to a new VI. Then copy settings like reentrant etc and reconnect all controls and indicators. Then you have a new unprotected VI.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,353 Views)