LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Plot Markers

I am trying to make my own custom plot axis mapping to match some weibull plots which are neither linear nor logarithmic. I can manually add in markers at the points I need but I cant seem to be able to create them programmatically or change the text on them. I attached a vi snipit of what I am doing to try to change the text. As far as I can tell there is no way to programmatically add the custom markers. Please let me know if there is a way to add them and get a reference to them. 

Thanks 

-J

plot markers.png

(903 Views)

Yes, your possibilities are limited. In the mean time feel free to vote for the following ideas:

Custom-Axis-Mapping 

Allow-text-labels-for-graph-scales 

Thanks!

It would be a bit more work, but I would probably roll my own using a 2D picture indicator. 😄 (as an example, search your example finder for "XY Multi Plot.vi", see image below)

altenbach_0-1637353126782.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(880 Views)

Thanks, 

Those two ideas got another upvote each.

I like the 2D picture idea. I already have stock LabVIEW plots all through the application so I would have to roll a 2D picture indicator plot that approximates the look and functionality of the built in LV plots, which sounds like a time black hole. Lets see how that goes. 

-J

(850 Views)

Well for now I made a solution involving, custom markers, text indicators and mapping functions that works as long as you dont resize it. Next step is to make the text fields track with a window resize. 

Jay14159265_0-1637367581814.png

the mapping VI that maps the %failure ( the nonlinear scale) to the linear scale looks like this,  in case any one else is trying to do this: 

mapping lut.png

(838 Views)

Hello,

could you please attach the VI with front panel above.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(775 Views)

Sorry I have a client paying for this development so I can't post the source code for that here. On a side note you can re-create the VI with the snipit provided,  then you can plot the result on a standard XY plot and then make your own scales and it will look suspiciously similar : )

(751 Views)