cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE runs only on machines with LV installed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Dennis,

That message gave me some clues to what is causing the problem.  I added a Histogram graph that uses the lvanlys.dll.  I researched this in this board and found other users having the same problem.  One got it corrected by going back to LVRT7.1 which I guess includes DLL's differently than LVRT8.5.  Two others are still unresolved as far as I could tell.  What I found is the DLL does get included as one of the dependancies and put into the correct sub folder.  I checked the help files and read how LV handles DLL's it says that it only includes the top level DLL and if that DLL calls other DLL's you will have to include those manually.  I tried to read the lvanlys.dll in notepad to see if it calls other DLL's and there are several other DLL filenames in there.  I included all of the DLL's that I could find but there were still some that I couldn't find and it still doesn't work.  The bottom line is I don't think the lvanlys.dll will work in an exe until we know all of the sub DLL's it calls and are able to manually include them in the build. 

BR

DWH

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(687 Views)
Dennis, thanks for your suggestion to make an installer.  I didn't need to do that for the first version of my program but the second version used some DLL's.  I suppose the lesson here is if you are using DLL's you will need to creat an installer.  After creating the installer and running it on the machines where the program wasn't working, those machines started working fine.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(668 Views)

>>Wafer Map,

Hi, so, what kind of installer did you include in the folder with your application?

I am having a same kind of problem.

Regards,

Osamu 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(583 Views)

In the app builder there's an option to create the installer.  I found it by reading the help files and poking around.

good luck

DWH

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(570 Views)

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I know there is an option to create an installer.  What I want to know is what you included in your installer to avoid the errors.

Regards,

Osamu 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(558 Views)