LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE not reading cDAQ

Hey guys/gals, 

I've built a demo setup for our lab... contains a NI-9174 cDAQ with several modules, MMC USB-ERB08 relay board and a MMC USB-TC thermocouple board.  I'm running development on a Win7 laptop (LabVIEW 2015, Ver 15.0.1 (32bit)) that I've plugged my demo monitor into, 27" touchscreen, so I get the proportions correct.  Looks great.  The exe file is to be installed on an Intel Compute Stick (32bit) running Win8.1... I have installed the latest LabVIEW RTE (run time engine) and DAQmx RTE along with MMC InstaCal. InstaCal works fine, finds the MMC modules no problem.  The NI RTE's installed without issue.

When I built the exe file I selected the main VI from my project, then Tools and "Build Application (EXE) from VI...".   In the Properties window that opens I selected all of the project files to be included in the source files.  I didn't see anything that I thought I should modify in any of the other categories, so I hit Build... Built without issue.  

Transferred the build folder to the stick, dropped it on the desktop, and run it... overall the screen proportions are the correct size, but it's messing with my font sizes, and doesn't seem to be talking to the cDAQ which is the bigger issue... The touch screen works beautifully, sliders work, knobs work, buttons work, just no data being read out.  The relay board works, but nothing else seems to be reacting.   I'm sure I'm missing something.  A point in the right direction would be much appreciated!  Thoughts?

TIA,

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,791 Views)

What kind of error handling did you put into your program?  Usually DAQ doesn't just stop working without throwing an error.  Are the DAQ tasks, scales, and virtual channels used in MAX?  Or are they made at run time?  Is the hardware named the same in MAX?  If any of these things were wrong you'd get an error from the DAQmx API.  If the program runs (and isn't broken) then I'd guess you have all the needed runtime engines installed which is usually a difficult thing to do manually.

In the future you may want to make an installer.  In the same place you make an EXE you can make an installer, and include your EXE.  In 2014 and newer you can choose to include all the installers needed to run your EXE on a fresh machine.  Then it will make one installer that is kinda big, but includes all the stuff you should need.  Future updates can exclude these installers if you know the computer you are putting it on already has these runtime engines.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,782 Views)

Chad,

Did you export configuration for 9174 from MAX on development machine?  Easy to include in installer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,753 Views)