LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE not loading .NET?

I have built a VI that requires dependencies from .NET dll files. The VI can be successfully ran, however, when it is compiled to EXE, it is now unable to be ran.

Troubleshooting suggest it is due to these .NET dll files. The files are inside the EXE folder, as seen below:

Stage_dlls.PNG

but when the EXE is ran, it is wanting to load 'instr.lib' as seen below:

Stage_Error.PNG

But from looking at .NET assemblies in memory, all the files are already appropriately placed in EXE folder, 'instr.lib' does not exist anywhere in my project files or dependencies.

Stage_NET assemblies.PNG

Does anyone have any insights to solving this problem? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,178 Views)

@achemist wrote:

I have built a VI that requires dependencies from .NET dll files. The VI can be successfully ran, however, when it is compiled to EXE, it is now unable to be ran.

Troubleshooting suggest it is due to these .NET dll files. The files are inside the EXE folder, as seen below:

Stage_dlls.PNG

but when the EXE is ran, it is wanting to load 'instr.lib' as seen below:

Stage_Error.PNG

It's not looking for instr.lib, it's looking in instr.lib. It's looking for ThorLabs.MotionControLKCube.DCServoCLI.dll...

@achemist wrote:

But from looking at .NET assemblies in memory, all the files are already appropriately placed in EXE folder, 'instr.lib' does not exist anywhere in my project files or dependencies.

Stage_NET assemblies.PNG

Does anyone have any insights to solving this problem? Thanks

Are those .NET assemblies made in LabVIEW (a .NET Interop Assembly)?

I have no experience with those...

I don't expect LabVIEW to show dependencies of the assembly.  

What happens when you browse to the dll it can't find?

Check in Windows if those .NET dlls are unblocked (right click, properties, unblock). They will be blocked if you for instance unzipped them. I don't expect them to be blocked when LV builds an exe, but who knows.

You could contact the creator of the dll.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(997 Views)