LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE build fail caused by broken VI (Excel Find and Replace.vi)

Hello! I need to build an exe file using Labview 2022. The problem is that build fails with error 1502 which occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi. The error message gave me the possible reason, so I opened the vi of the following directory. 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2022\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Find and Replace (num)

It turns out the vi is broken (like the picture below). 

The program I made should open the Excel template and save some numbers with a new file. 

I hope I can get any clues or solutions to solve it. 

Thank you.

Parisnocturne_0-1685175701083.png

Parisnocturne_1-1685175728126.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(787 Views)

There are many reasons why a program doesn't work.  Some of the time, it is the programmer's fault.  Some of the time, it is bugs in the Software.  Sometimes there are "flaws" in the data being processed.

Simply showing "pictures" of the Error Message and a Front Panel is unlikely to allow us to help you.  If you want help/advice, please do the following:

1. Attach your entire Project.  Right-click your Project's folder, do "Send to:", "Compressed (zipped) folder", and attach the resulting .zip file.
  2. Attach a sample data file.
  3. Many (most?) "active developers" on the Forum might not have LabVIEW 2022 on their PCs (I'm mostly working with LabVIEW 2019, myself). I recommend you "Save for Previous Version" and use at most LabVIEW 2021.  Attach this (zipped) Project, as well.
  4. You didn't say whether you are using 32- or 64-bit LabVIEW.  Do tell us!  Many of us (continue to) use 32-bit LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(723 Views)

That has happened to me a couple of times. The Report generation toolkit is based on an older Excel and sometimes calls are changed. Open the VI and fix the call.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(683 Views)

@Yamaeda  ha scritto:

That has happened to me a couple of times. The Report generation toolkit is based on an older Excel and sometimes calls are changed. Open the VI and fix the call.

Agree. But beware that if the target computer contains an older Excel version than the development computer, the fixed vi may not work there.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(667 Views)