LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCEL: It can detect the push of a button in Excel from LabVIEW?

Good afternoon. I am using the NI_report and NI_Excel classes. I intend to pass parameters LabVIEW to excel and excel to LabVIEW, that is, want to place a button in excel and detect from LabVIEW when this button is pressed. It can detect the push of a button in Excel from LabVIEW? Thank.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,520 Views)

Carlos_Gonzalez a écrit :

Good afternoon. I am using the NI_report and NI_Excel classes. I intend to pass parameters LabVIEW to excel and excel to LabVIEW, that is, want to place a button in excel and detect from LabVIEW when this button is pressed. It can detect the push of a button in Excel from LabVIEW? Thank.

Can you detect the push of a button from Excel in LabVIEW? YES

Is it an easy task? NO

You need to be familiar with AcitveX, OLE Objects and Event Callback from the start. The Report Generation Toolkit is very usefull for what it is made for: report generation and is limited to this scope (but it provide access to activeX references various objects). Also note thatr going back and forth between LabVIEW and Excel is a risky thing, if LabVIEW try to access Excel while it is being edited it will generate an error.

If I were you I would try to find a different approach.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,466 Views)