LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ET24XX Error -1074001420

Hello All,

I am trying to use an ET2416 controller to monitor and control a Mellen furnace.  Currently I am able to use the Process Value Monitoring Example.vi but am unable to run the Temperature Control and Monitoring Example.vi. 

I receive error -1074001420 from ET24XX Utility MODBUS RTU Receive Message.vi which is
Error:Register Address not available.

Additionally, the controller front panel display shows "Conf 0" as soon as I run the VI and stops.

Any suggestions are greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,
Kelly
LV 8.2 Novice

Message Edited by OSG on 12-28-2006 09:21 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,857 Views)

Hi Kelly,

Have you installed the update for LabVIEW 8.0 and 8.2?  The version of the Modbus LabVIEW Library you can download from our website is only officially supported in LabVIEW 7.1, but can be manually installed in LabVIEW 8.0 and 8.2. The installer for the current version of the Modbus LabVIEW Library looks in the Windows registry for the presence of LabVIEW 7.1, and will not install if the LabVIEW 7.1 registry key is not found.

The Modbus Library has been updated to support LabVIEW 8.2.  You can download the update at the download page located here

Also, there seems to be a recent update to the driver from the National Instruments Instrument Driver Network.  You can view the download page here.  You may want to update these drivers if you haven't already to see if they work better for you.

If you have already done this, you can take a look at the forum post located here, which includes a couple examples you may want to try to see if you can replicate your issue with these programs.

Please take a look at these resources and let me know if you still see the problem.  Best of luck and have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,836 Views)

Hi OSG,

Have you resolved your problem with the VISA error message and the ¨Conf 0¨ display in the front panel?

I'm having exactly the same problem as you had. But I was able to communicate with my EuroTherm 2408 this morning, and it suddenly did not work when I was trying to change the PID parameters...

I guess there is some thing wrong with the firmware of the controller or what?

Please shed some light on me if you have the key to fix it. Thanks a lot!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,308 Views)

Hi VittoHan,

OSG has not been here since mid-2007, and the error seems to be unrelated to the original question resolved in 2006. I would highly recommend that you post a new question in the instrument control forum, located here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/bd-p/140

Not only will the people viewing those forums be more likely to help because they have more experience with instrument control, but they will be far more likely to notice a new thread, rather than a bumped thread.

That having been said, these knowledgebase articles may help, since the error is happening at VISA read.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/874B379E24C0A0D686256FCF007A6EA0?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E6DFA2B8D7E99F9886256C14005E82F7?OpenDocument

Additionally, I would give a try to closing LabVIEW, restarting the computer, and resetting the device, to clear everything out. Then try to control the device again. It is possible that a reference wasn't closed somewhere, and that this is interfering with new calls and causing the timeout.

Thanks,

D Smith

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,283 Views)