LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR:Xflow - Program ngdbuild returned error code -1073741511.

Hello Everybody,

I am using for my first time the FPGA module, but I have the following error from the Compilation server window:

ERROR:Xflow - Program ngdbuild returned error code -1073741511.

I am compiling the Digital.vi as you see is one of the VIs provided by NI. What am I doing wrong? I already checked for this unique error in the forums but I didn't have any luck, looks like I am the first one with this type of error.

Can somebody help me?

---
Alex Rodriguez
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,398 Views)

Hello Jarocho,

Are you using a localized version of LabVIEW? If so please have a look at the following link and it may fix the issue. Even though it does not talk about the same error it will help if you a localized version of LabVIEW.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D0181D05C79F763D86256F8500732563?OpenDocument

If you still see the same issue then make sure you go to MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) under remote systems check to see if you have the following drivers.

1. LabVIEW 7.1 RT
2. NI VISA 3.3
3. NI-RIO RT 1.3.0
NI VISA Server 3.3

Make sure you have all these drivers installed in your host computer and then download it to your RIO through MAX. You can install the VISA drivers from http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C0E91?opendocument&node=1...
and the NI RIO RT 1.3.0 from ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/fpga/ni-rio/1.3.1/ . Since the
RIO driver is a non-digitally signed EXE file, you might get a warning message before extracting all the files. Uninstall and reinstall these drivers in your host computer and then into your RIO through MAX. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,385 Views)
I found the problem, well more less. At least is working!

Turns out that the problem is related to the enviroment variables settings...

I just Added the follow variables to me env variables.

XILINX = C:\NIFPGA11\Xilinx
XIL_TIMING_ZEROFLOORS = TRUE
PATH = ....;C:\NIFPGA11\Xilinx\bin\nt

reboot PC, turns out to be really important! and after power cyclying I was able to compile all the FGPA examples.

Alex.

---
Alex Rodriguez
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,381 Views)
Hello Alex,
                 Good to know that it works! Thanks for updating as this info will be useful for similar issues.
Thank you
RMM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,369 Views)