LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ERROR] Sending email on labview (Gmail)

Solved!
Go to solution

@Cham35 wrote:

Same problem with me...

What is your LabVIEW version?

As a fist step, try using the shipping example "Send email using SMTP client". I just tested and it still works fine for me (port 587, less secure, TLS enabled). Make sure to press "configure server" before pressing "send e-mail".

SMTPSend.png

(Also make sure that you enable less secure application for the sender account (ht.plate.klimalab@gmail.com) e.g. the setting for the recipient account is irelevant. I am sure you did it right, just trying to cover all bases).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(3,137 Views)

Hi,

For me and (my LabVIEW 2015 SP1 f7) and my gmail address created yesterday, this does not work. 

I also set up my Gmail account by removing the two-step validation of the connection (second step is SMS on phone number).

I think there is other(s) security issue, like : 

> https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600? : how we can fill a CAPTCHA in LabVIEW Smiley Wink (I found a page that unlock Captcha with no more success !(https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha , found this on the help in the trouble shoot section : https://myaccount.google.com/permissions)image.png

> Is there a need to use the "Gmail API Client Library for .NET" ? (https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/dotnet/apis/gmail/v1)

> or an authentication and authorization issue like they describe to use Google API ? (https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/dotnet/get_started)

> or the use of the Gmail API : https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/guides/sending ?

> or maybe it depends on the internet provider or other ? (even if I shut of firewall there is no email sended)

image.png

Thank ! (and sorry for my poor English, I'm frenchy 🙂

Julien
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(3,003 Views)

Hi Julien

I am facing the same problem. But the gmail I am using was sending emails until this afternoon and suddenly it stopped working and now I am getting the same error as yours.

Did you find any solution?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(2,700 Views)

That VI  (Email.vi) needs a Invoke Node/AttachmentCollection, Method:Dispose just before Error Out. 

Make a case around it wired to the Attatchment-case so the Method Dispose are activated if an attachment has been added.

If not, files are locked for deletion until LV are closed.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(2,629 Views)

I'm having trouble with this with Gmail, I've set it up as described in this thread (using the "send email using smtp client" example), but it keeps throwing back an exception saying incorrect username or password combination.

I've checked multiple times that my username and password are both correct, but it keeps giving me this error. If there some kind of restriction on what type of passwords are permitted for 3rd party apps that I've missed. I've used combinations of my email and just the first part with no joy.

I've ensured I have the "less secure apps" button is set to true.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,413 Views)

@sgtscuba wrote:

I'm having trouble with this with Gmail, I've set it up as described in this thread (using the "send email using smtp client" example), but it keeps throwing back an exception saying incorrect username or password combination.

I've checked multiple times that my username and password are both correct, but it keeps giving me this error. If there some kind of restriction on what type of passwords are permitted for 3rd party apps that I've missed. I've used combinations of my email and just the first part with no joy.

I've ensured I have the "less secure apps" button is set to true.

Out of interest, I've tried this with an account I got to work a few years ago, it still works fine (it was a personal one used to test so can't use it for this), but the new one doesn't work. I must be missing something simple here (is gmail blocking it still perhaps as the details are correct)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(2,397 Views)

I have had problems with the gmail.llb earlier. Then, I found a newer version. I haven't had the time to check what was the fault with the older one..however, the new one worked. The llb are attached.

About your error; Try another gmail account. As I said, I haven't had any problems with gmail in LV (13.0). 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,385 Views)

@Haddock01 wrote:

I have had problems with the gmail.llb earlier. Then, I found a newer version. I haven't had the time to check what was the fault with the older one..however, the new one worked. The llb are attached.

About your error; Try another gmail account. As I said, I haven't had any problems with gmail in LV (13.0). 

So, I tried this previous account that worked with the SMTP example, it still works, tried a new account and it didn't. Now, I did manage to find a section on google that said 

Use a trusted device & location

• Your sign-in may be blocked if the device or location you’re using is new. Try again from a device or location that you commonly sign in from.
  • Sign in to your Google Account on the new device and try again the following week.

So I may have to wait a week for it to work.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(2,377 Views)

Ok. You need to sign in manually into the account from the computer with the application. 

Normally, it coming some mail to the "restore-email" which notifies you that a new browser is connected to your account. Perhaps U got that kind of mail?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(2,375 Views)

@Haddock01 wrote:

Ok. You need to sign in manually into the account from the computer with the application. 

Normally, it coming some mail to the "restore-email" which notifies you that a new browser is connected to your account. Perhaps U got that kind of mail?

Yes, I have only connected through this PC so I've ruled that out. I'll just wait a week and see if it has fixed it.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(2,370 Views)