cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 1073807339

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am trying to make a connexion between a Torque sensor and LabView program but I am getting an error at visa read Capture.PNG

I read already about the causes of this error, which are; Timeout error or uncorrect byte number to read...

I tried everything but I am still getting this error. Could you please help me? 

you will find attached the program and the manual of the Kristler como torque 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(16,490 Views)

As you see, this is a timeout error or you're trying to read more bytes than are actually coming in. Your VI is sitting and waiting for data to come in through the COM port, but it doesn't receive the 20 bytes it is waiting for in time.

Do you see anything output in the "read buffer" after the timeout or is that blank?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(16,484 Views)

"I've tried everything".   Can you be more specific?  What have you tried?  What command have you sent?

According to page 70, the command *IDN? is valid.  Have you tried that?

Are you sure you have the right kind of cable? (straight through vs. null modem)

Have you established communication in any other way such as Hyperterminal (which has become obsolete, you might have to find an alternative terminal program) or any software the equipment manufacturer might provide?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(16,479 Views)

@JAMES; no I don't see anything in the read buffer. 

@Ravens: yes I tried the command but it's the samething. I am getting the same error 

I tried to change the timeout and the number of byte to read a lot of times.. in vain 

Capture.PNG

My communication is also working because I can command the instrument with his own program via com6

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(16,469 Views)

@lucie2 wrote:

My communication is also working because I can command the instrument with his own program via com6

I'm assuming you've gone through and made sure all of your comm settings match exactly, right? Same baud rate, parity, etc? Make sure you don't have the other program running at the same time as that will cause issues.

I would suggest attempting to communicate using MAX. That's the easiest interface to try things out and if that works, then you will be able to get LabVIEW to work.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(16,467 Views)

yes don't worry I am not because if I was running the other program in the same time, I will get another type of error not this one. 

with NI MAX also it's the same. Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(16,457 Views)

Have you tried communicating using the VISA Test Panel in MAX?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(16,446 Views)

How should I do??  it doesn't accept any alphabetic code. What should I send?Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(16,438 Views)

You need to go to the Input/Output tab once you've configured it the way you want. The configuration settings should match everything that your working application uses. What is this other program that works?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(16,430 Views)

Hi, 

yes I configurated it but I am also getting the same error 

VISA : ( Hex 0xBFFF0015 ) time out before the process was completed .

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(16,394 Views)