LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPICS server: access pv from another computer

hi

i used this guide http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14149/en/ for creating epics server/client on the same computer, but from another computer i don't understand how to access the pv's...

thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,714 Views)

In the drop-down menu in Figure 4, instead of selecting Project Items have you tried finding the variables under Network Items, where you are able to see other machines on the network?  Using Network Items should let you find the network variables created on another machine.

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
Message 2 of 8
(2,677 Views)

hi

thank you for your answer, i tried to find the variables under Network Items but the machine doesn't appear there, i also tried to seek for the variable in the Distributed System Manager by adding the IP of the computer unsuccessfully,  when i created epics server not trough (ioc) labView i succeed to connect to the pv through the vi.

thanks    

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,662 Views)

Glad to hear you got it working.  Thanks for sharing your solution!

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,656 Views)

Hi,

I create the epics sever via LabView in Window 10,

I tried to find the variables under Network Items but the machine doesn't appear there, I also tried to seek for the variable in the Distributed System Manager by adding the IP.

I can`t access the pv's from another computer

How to solve the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,642 Views)

Hi there,

I'd be curious to see if the other system is showing up under remote systems for other NI software.  Could you try to find it under "Remote Systems" in NI MAX?

If it does not show there, could we try pinging the IP address of the server from the client to double check the network connection?

I'd also like to confirm that we have the Client library deployed to the client computer, and the server library to the server computer.  Both could be created in a single LabVIEW project, as two different targets to ease the design.  See http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvconcepts/adding_targets_to_project/ for help with created a new target in a LabVIEW project.

Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,634 Views)

Hi All:

Following the suggestions, I create the server and client in single computers. It runs OK. But if I create the server and client in the seperate computers. In the client computer, I find the server computer in the "Network items" but cannot see the variables. How can I solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,502 Views)

I have the same question. Did you solve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,901 Views)