LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit 2.3.1 and large A2L file

Hi to all,

I'm using ECU MC (2.3.1) with a quite large A2L file (about 900 Measurements plus some Calibrations) but apparently with such large database the "Text to Double" and "Double to Text" conversion VIs stop working properly. In particular the Double to Text Conversion VI that should work with "Enumeration Text" and "Range Text" "Scaling type" output only empty strings (without any error).

I suspect that this problem is related with the size of the database because I've created by hand a reduced version of my A2L database (with only 4 Measurements) and the conversion works properly.

Anyone have never used ECU MC with such large A2L files (large means "real", i'm working with an ESP ECU and 900 measurements are normal)

I'm really disappointed with this toolkit that seems to be a (not cheap) collection of buggy .dll

Thanks for any reply

D.

ps: sorry in advance but I can not share the A2L file I'm working on

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,016 Views)

First you may want to post this in the Automotive subforum, people that hangout there may have more advice for you.

I've had issues with the toolkit in the past.  We had a few A2L files that had some custom stuff in them not officially part of the standard and it caused all kinds of things to not work.  We ended up not using the toolkit because it wouldn't work with our A2L and NI couldn't work with us because the A2L was a government restricted one, and at the time the development team was outside of the US.  But had my A2L not been so restricted NI was willing to work with me to understand what was non-standard about it.

Just a general statement I feel like this toolkit should not be done with a bunch of DLLs but native G code, and then given away for free with the purchase of CAN hardware.  It is so not-flexible it is pretty much useless.  I've waited for years for NI to improve it or update it and everytime they up the revision the changes are features that don't pertain to me.  I've stopped using it and when someone asks about CCP capability I say we can do it without commiting to much because I figure I'll be writing it from scratch.

Message 2 of 5
(3,007 Views)

Thank you for your reply, i'll repost my question on the Automotive subforum.

I agree with you, this library should be written in native G and freely editable by users. Surely , in a short time , we would have a better product.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,978 Views)

@D4N!3L3 wrote:

Surely , in a short time , we would have a better product.

I wouldn't be so sure, I've been disappointed by this toolkit for the last 4 or 5 years.  I have seen little development, and few developers asking for this toolkit.  Unfortunately you and I maybe in the minority.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,960 Views)

Hi:

Who can help me?

How can I Get BIT MASK from A2L file.

example

/begin MEASUREMENT ACU
    "CAN communication ACU"
     UBYTE
     N_QQUALS
     0 0.000000
     0.000000 1.000000
     ECU_ADDRESS 0x5000C209
DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER CAND_DiagTstDataList.TstComplete
BIT_MASK 0x00000008
/begin BIT_OPERATION
RIGHT_SHIFT 3
/end BIT_OPERATION
/end MEASUREMENT

How can I Use ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit?

Autocar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,383 Views)