LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG to LabVIEW

Hello,

I am a college student taking an ECG from the body, putting it to 3 filters on the SC-2075 breadboard. The filters consist of an instrumentation amplifier to amplify the output voltage of the ECG, a notch filter to filter out 60 Hz from wall, and a low pass filter to filter out any frequencies above 150 Hz. From my filters, i am connecting it to to LabVIEW. My question is: I need to tell LabVIEW the normal parameters of the heart (i.e the normal ranges of the P wave, T wave, ST segment, QRS complex, etc). From this data, we need numeric indicators and we need LabVIEW to tell us the time in milliseconds of each wave or segment. How would one do this? Please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,575 Views)

biomedical_toolkit_l.gif

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,538 Views)

Thank you for answering; however, my college only has the regular LabVIEW license excluding the Biomedical toolkit and advanced signal processing toolkit. So I would need to reach my goal without any of these toolkits. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,517 Views)

Hi Mike,

then read some books/papers on your topic and implement the math on your own…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,510 Views)

It seems to me that there are several "steps" to your project (it is not completely clear exactly what you need to do, but bear with me ...).

1. Acquire an EKG signal, and be able to display it and possibly store it (on disk), which would allow analysis at a later time, if necessary.
  2. Analyze the signal.  As a first step, it may be that there are obvious "periodicities" in your signal, i.e. it might be composed of a complex waveform (you used terms like "P", "QRS", and "T) that occur at semi-regular intervals.  You might be interested in the timing of these "clusters of features", as well as the fine-structure of the cluster (which might vary as a function of time, or maybe have some "average" parameters).

To do the first step, you need to know enough about your signal (and signal theory) to come up with a Sampling Frequency and an appropriate Sample Size (in time, or in samples).  To do the second step, look at your data (make a plot of some sort) and think about how you would describe and identify its features.  Then write the code.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,508 Views)

It has not been updated in awhile, but you can start here

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Life-Science/bd-p/LifeScience

Seems like there are a lot of relevant posts.

mcduff

EDIT:

Here also

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Biomedical-User-Group/ct-p/7002

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,503 Views)