From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E5061B - impedance analysis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I'm currently working on a project using Keysight E5061B with impedance analysis option. The current instrument library doesn't have option to read the impedance from the VNA. Is there a way to read the impedance values from the VNA at a particular frequency?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by gerald_anand

I've encountered incomplete drivers from companies before... Sometimes companies simply provide a set of common functions and not a complete set.  Although you may want to check their most recent drivers just to be certain. 

The programming manual can be found at.

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/E5061-90042.pdf

Chapter 6 appears to contain what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,049 Views)

Thanks for the link.

Now I'm able to set impedance analysis.

I’m setting impedance analysis in my VNA with Port 1-2 Series.

SCPI.SENS1.Z.METH TSER

Then I’m selecting |Z| parameter using below command.

SCPI.CALC1.SEL.ZPAR.DEF Z

When I enquire using SCPI Command it shows the above 2 is correctly set. But I encounter another problem.

When I set both the command above the screen on the VNA doesn’t change to show we are in this mode.

The reason I require the screen to change is because I’m reading the value using the marker.

If I’m doing measurement using S11, S21, S12 & S22. The screen able to change accordingly so I’m able to read the values from the marker. But it doesn't happen when I set impedance analysis.

How can I activate the VNA window to show impedance analysis using SCPI command.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,002 Views)