LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E5061B - impedance analysis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I'm currently working on a project using Keysight E5061B with impedance analysis option. The current instrument library doesn't have option to read the impedance from the VNA. Is there a way to read the impedance values from the VNA at a particular frequency?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,092 Views)
Solution
Accepted by gerald_anand

I've encountered incomplete drivers from companies before... Sometimes companies simply provide a set of common functions and not a complete set.  Although you may want to check their most recent drivers just to be certain. 

The programming manual can be found at.

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/E5061-90042.pdf

Chapter 6 appears to contain what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,048 Views)

Thanks for the link.

Now I'm able to set impedance analysis.

I’m setting impedance analysis in my VNA with Port 1-2 Series.

SCPI.SENS1.Z.METH TSER

Then I’m selecting |Z| parameter using below command.

SCPI.CALC1.SEL.ZPAR.DEF Z

When I enquire using SCPI Command it shows the above 2 is correctly set. But I encounter another problem.

When I set both the command above the screen on the VNA doesn’t change to show we are in this mode.

The reason I require the screen to change is because I’m reading the value using the marker.

If I’m doing measurement using S11, S21, S12 & S22. The screen able to change accordingly so I’m able to read the values from the marker. But it doesn't happen when I set impedance analysis.

How can I activate the VNA window to show impedance analysis using SCPI command.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,001 Views)