LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E4440A RF DC couple mode and channel power measurement

I have two questions about the instrument driver provided by NI for Agilent spectrum analyzer E4440A

1.      I’d like to set E4440A RF input to DC couple mode, “Input/OutputàRF coupling”, but cannot find any *.vi which can support the configuration. Does anyone know how to set E4440A to DC couple mode?

2.      I want to use the channel power measurement function and find one VI named “agesa Configure CHP Measurement.vi ” have the setting, but I meet two problems here.

I.           When I set the channel span  >5MHz, there will be an error. The error message is as the following

“Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA0010) Invalid value for parameter or property.

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA0010) Invalid value for parameter or property.

Secondary Error: (Hex 0xBFFC0005) Parameter 5 out of range, or error occurred while setting Parameter 5.

Elaboration: CHP Span”

II.        Even I set channel span<=5MHz, the CHP Span and CHP Integration BW still don’t work. Does anyone meet the same problem?

Please see the graph ”agesa Configure CHP Measurement.bmp”

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,318 Views)

If you can't find a function in the driver, then you can look up the command in the manual and send it with the agesa Write Instrument Data.vi. This is on the Utility Functions>Instrument I/O palette.

Before you can use the Configure CHP, you might have to first run agesa Configure Measurement.vi and turn measurements on. I don't have the instrument to verify that, though.

Message 2 of 5
(3,310 Views)
To  Dennis Knutson:
Thanks. I can set the DC/AC couple by using instrument IO and E4440A programing muanual.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,284 Views)
There is no Auto Alignment Set function in LabView driver of "Agilent ESA PSA" for E4440A.  It is used to exist in the old age444xa driver.  Does any one knoe how to get it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,106 Views)

Try to import Agilent CVI driver into LV.

Plz see attatch file. [ Chinese ]

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,086 Views)