LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E series DAQcard, accessories

I have an E series Daqcard and a signal conditioner SC-2345.

I'm running Labview 8.6 fully registered.

The manual for the E series Daqcard, says to open Measurement and Automation Explorer (I have version 4.5.0f0), right click on the E Series DAQ device and select Properties.  Then click on my accessory SC-2345.  Problem is that I see a list of about 19 accessories but not the SC-2345. 

What should I do?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,910 Views)

I Found this in a search, I plan to try it:

Re: 6062E not listed as available device for SC-2345 Configuration

[ New ]

Tuckerotl,

So sounds like you are configuring the SC-2345 in Traditional DAQ, but then you go to create a DAQmx task and are not seeing it as an accessory. This is because DAQmx and Traditional DAQ are completely separate. If you want to use DAQmx calls, then configure it under the DAQmx Devices, if you want to use Traditional DAQ to program it, then configure it under Traditional DAQ devices. Traditional DAQ is the name we give to the old driver set for DAQ cards. DAQmx were created to replace Traditional DAQmx. So you use either or, but generally do not mix the two. Your card the 6062 can be used with either driver set. I would highly recommend going with DAQmx, they are newer, more efficient, and easier to use.

So any way, enough of a history lesson there. Configure your SC-2345 in DAQmx by right clicking on the NI-DAQmx Devices folder, and selecting Create New… >> DAQmx SCC Connector Block… Then chose your connecting DAQ card (your 6062) and so forth and so on. Then when you go create a DAQ task you should be able to eventually see your SCC modules and the lines that you can connect to. If you have any questions about that, feel free to post back. Good luck with everything!

-GDE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,908 Views)