Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamicly creating frontpanel

Nice features Rush.:)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,166 Views)

@JoVMo wrote:

I was thinking bout making a parent class with a method "dynamic FP creation". And then the (children) products can inherit this method.

So the parent hold the method (loading the leds, pictures, buttons) and the child hold the config(settings) for the method. Something in that style.

I have experience generating custom FP at run-time both with and without LVOOP.

I would suggest you follow your outline above but create a unique FP for each child at development time and let the selected class choose whic FP to show.

Are you still having trouble implementing this?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,154 Views)

Ben, it would be nice to have an example, because I'm not an advanced LVOOP.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,143 Views)

@JoVMo wrote:

Ben, it would be nice to have an example, because I'm not an advanced LVOOP.

In 7-10 years, I will retire and will be free of the contractual obligation which transfered all of my IP rights to my employer (who does a wonderful job of finding projects for me, chasing them down if they do not pay and making sure I get a paycheck every month.)

Until then you will find that I post very little code in the public forums and my custom examples only get created for my customers.

So the best I can do is read and comment and encourage others as they learn LV.

Besides, the first step to becoming a LVOOP giant is geting down into the code and doing it yourself.

Post pictures of your code if you think I may be able to offer advise. I'll do what I can, but examples on request are "right out". (Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail, the Holy handgranade instructions)

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 14 of 15
(1,139 Views)

Chiming in:

Adding dynamic FP objects can get a bit tricky-  Mark's suggetsion for using sub-panels to display different FP components is not without signifigant merit!  Especially if that sub-panel points to an AE (or, a facade formating the AE's data)  This would allow you a generic class (say Message display) with callers that show the message per user's preferences and still allow the extension of scope of the data that an AE provides.

P.S. A little birdie told me a Community nugget presenting this approach has been in the works for a few weeks by a thread particapant(s):smileywink: Look for a link here soon. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 15 of 15
(1,108 Views)