From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically calling vis normally (by inserting them on the diagram) instead of using path names?

Hey everyone, I have a program that needs to open copies of sub-vis based on user input. And it needs to open the same .vi many times.

It's no big deal, but if you do it the way I did it, you don't get those sub-vis in the hierarchy as they are opened using references.

Is there a way to open .vis dynamically (such that I can have many copies of the same .vi) by just plopping them down on the graph like I'm used to.

Unplopping code follows...

-Dobbs
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,344 Views)
In the VI properties there are options to open the VI panel when it is run, as well as close it when it is finished. You can insert the VI's where they need to go and use that to actually open the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,344 Views)
Phredrick,

I agree with lorman, just place the VI Template on the block diagram. (To place it, use Functions»Select a VI.) It will then show up on the VI Hierarchy.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,344 Views)