LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic VIs and its subvis in exe

Hi All!

I'm in trouble with Dynamic VIs and its subvis. I have a large app. The Top level vi calls plugin VIs into its subpanel. If I use some subvis only in Plugin: For example: IMAQ ROI profile. or LVStringsAndValuesArrayTypeDef.ct from vi.lib

In Development enviroment everthing is OK, but when I start my exe, and call the plugin, the Dynamic VI searches for IMAQ ROI Profile.

Is there any way to solve it? I read many topics, but I dont think that could be the only solution if I save my Plugin Hierarchy to a selected path, ( + I have to add vilib-vis manualy ) and create the installer and give the customer the half of the labview and imaq vilibs.

/* As the exe created, I create a folder manualy like: Libs/Interfaces/function_interface.vi..... */ The code is set to search for interface in this path...

I dont know how to add all of these subvis into the Application builder.

Startup VI is my only Top Level VI and all the rest of my project is in the Always Included category....

What else do I wrong? 

/* WIN7 LV09 */ 

Please give me some help!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,051 Views)

I have a similar situation (large App that makes use of many dynamic vis).  What I did was create a VI called "All Application VIs.vi".  There I put vi calls to ALL of the VIs I use in my application (the top levels any way).

Then I add "All Application VIs.vi" to my lvproj.  In the executable build settings, I set it as always included in the "Source Files" option (whereas my main application vi is the startup vis section).

Then my built executable has all of its dynamic vis inside of it and calls them just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,047 Views)

Thanks for you fast reply! 

So I sould make an empty VI and place all of my vis its block diagram, that are at the top of call chain?

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,044 Views)

Yes, basically the main thing is that you want this vi to call all of the dynamic vis in your program.  Then include this vi in your exe when your application is built via "Always included files".

Then when it goes to call the vi dynamically at run time, it will find the vi right there in the exe.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,037 Views)

I see!

I'm on it! Thanks!

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,035 Views)

I did exactly what you say, but I have the same errors.... 1003, Missing typedef (from vilib control and , I have several special subvis in the plugin, place them to the ALL_VIS.vi next to the plugin but has no effect...

Can not belive it there is no any other way... 

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,025 Views)

If your issue is a missing typedef, try this.  Look in "Additional Exclusions" of the app builder.  Check the box which says "Disconnect type definitions".    You might also check the other options in there.

See if that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,020 Views)