cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Data Time Axes for Bandpass Filter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Gerd,

Thanks a lot for the clarification, I think I'm getting a better sense of it now. What's odd is what I'm doing in this design I think is creating a 100x1 matrix worth of data to pass into the rest of my data. However, when I probe the wire feeding into the array, it is only giving me a 89x1 matrix. Why is that? Also, I'm under the impression the for loop is running forever since its within the while loop hence why the VI doesn't stop. 

Question 2: I've been dealing with arduino firmware issues for some time, but now it seems to be more problematic using analog read in a for loop (idk why). I keep getting this error after I stop the VI and have to use the firmware wizard every time I want to run the VI again. Any suggestions? 

Error 5007 occurred at :

Open Serial.vi >>
Initialize.vi >>
Initialize Device.vi >>
Check Firmware Version.vi

Possible reason(s):

The selected device is currently using firmware version 3.5.6 but the LabVIEW API is version 3.0.0 Please use the firmware wizard (Tools>>MakerHub>>LINX>>Firmware Wizard) to update the device firmware.

od805_0-1644998029800.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author od805

Hi od,

@od805 wrote:

What's odd is what I'm doing in this design I think is creating a 100x1 matrix worth of data to pass into the rest of my data. However, when I probe the wire feeding into the array, it is only giving me a 89x1 matrix. Why is that?

Why do you use InitArray at all within the inner FOR loop? Why not use a simple autoindexing tunnel instead of that concatenating one?

@od805 wrote:

Question 2: I've been dealing with arduino firmware issues for some time, but now it seems to be more problematic using analog read in a for loop (idk why). I keep getting this error after I stop the VI and have to use the firmware wizard every time I want to run the VI again. Any suggestions? 

I don't have any experience with LINX.

As far as I can tell from your message: the firmware on your Arduino has to be of the same version as your LabVIEW API.

(I would prefer to handle the Arduino using the Arduino IDE and send the data to LabVIEW using the virtual serial port of the Arduino. No need for LINX in almost all scenarios…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 14
(298 Views)

Hi all,

I'm trying to read some analog data from my arduino using LINX. Unfortunately, every time I wish to run my VI I have to reupload the LINX firmware. I've gotten two types of error codes, most recently error code 5003 which reads: 

the LINX device using the following settings:

Interface: Serial
COM Port: COM4

Please make sure that the LINX firmware is loaded on the device (Tools>>MakerHub >>LINX>>Firmware Wizard) that there are no other open connections to the device, then check the configuration settings, and try again.

Before I made some changes to my VI, I was getting error code 5007: 

Error 5007 occurred at :

Open Serial.vi >>
Initialize.vi >>
Initialize Device.vi >>
Check Firmware Version.vi

Possible reason(s):

The selected device is currently using firmware version 3.5.6 but the LabVIEW API is version 3.0.0 Please use the firmware wizard (Tools>>MakerHub>>LINX>>Firmware Wizard) to update the device firmware.

I'm not quite sure how to navigate through these errors so I don't have to reconfigure the arduino every time. I'm using 2021 labview 32 bit. Any suggestions? VI and photo attached. Cheers and thank you!

od805_0-1645037559681.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(329 Views)

Hi od,

please stop creating multiple threads on the same problems! Keep related things in one place…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(282 Views)