LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DynaPanels: Now we can place controls dynamically

parthabe wrote:

rolfk wrote:

If you open multiple documents in Word you have multiple windows, one for each document.

But I think Excel is still one main window with multiple sub-windows for each spreadsheet file opened. So also Adobe Reader...

Indeed, but that doesn't make MDI IMHO any better Smiley Wink

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 38
(2,463 Views)

I think dynapanels can NOT be considered as traditional MDI. I think one should think what he and his clients will prefer in LabVIEW application

1. a single panel open with all the logically relevent controls placed on it without over crowding the  panel

2. or lot of panels open and floating across the screen because developer has chosen to create multiple instance of a vi and showing panels of it.(even though logically all these controls should be on the same panel as far as end user is concerned)

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

Jambhekar Automation Solutions
LabVIEW Consultancy, LabVIEW Training
Rent a LabVIEW Developer, My Blog

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 38
(2,454 Views)

Tushar Jambhekar wrote:

if you wish to have source code just let me know your email address and i will mail it to you.

Hi Tushar,

Could you please mail me the source code saved for an older version of LV, say 8.0?

parthabe@rediffmail.com

Thank you much in advance. Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 38
(2,442 Views)

hi partha

i have mailed you the 8.0 code. i have not tested it. i suspect you will need to mass compile it before using it. i have taken enough care but still if their is any issue or any vi missing please let me know.

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 38
(2,425 Views)

Tushar,

Perhaps you could post the code to the forum or an upload site? I think a lot of people would probably want to look at it but are relucantany to put out their email addresses.

Message 25 of 38
(2,411 Views)

for those who dont want to disclose their email address. source code download is available on

http://www.jambhekar.com/index.php/labview-articles/dynapanels.html

i think i should ask altenbach a favor. can you plz check the page for any problems Smiley Wink

and one humble request for all of you. this prototype is not the end, its just the begining. i would realy appreciate your feedback about the code/new ideas/ how we can improve this etc.

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 38
(2,403 Views)
The ZIP file for the source code throws some errors when I try to unzip it.

(2,363 Views)

can u plz mail the dynapanel source code to anand.ece15@gmail.com...

Anand kumar SP
Senior Project Engineer
Soliton Technologies Pvt Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 38
(1,639 Views)

Hey, this is exactly what I had in mind for a project I have been working on. Where can I get a copy of the source code? Thank you very much!

If needed my email is: Gofys@ymail.com 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 38
(1,590 Views)

Any luck on getting the source code? I am still looking... 

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 38
(1,559 Views)