LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual channel sampling

Solved!
Go to solution

Currently I am using a NI PXI-5122 card in a PXI-1000B chassis and I just set up the experiment to take data from both channels.  When I slowed down the pulse frequency I realized that the data isn't acquired simultaneously in the two channels.  Is it possible to do this?  I want to have simultaneous noise comparison so it's only somewhat useful in its current state.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,244 Views)
bump
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,223 Views)
The card does do simultaneous sampling. How about attaching your code?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,205 Views)
Do I need to have two processors, or a hyper threading processor to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bbentelin

Why are you using two separate threads, one for each channel.  This could be why the readings do not coincide timewise.  In fact, with this method I would not expect them to.  Use one thread, combine the channels.  Each function that accepts a channel string, the input is labeled "channels", plural, more that one channel.  Set your channel string to "0,1".  Then both channels will be read at the same time and the output will be an array with element 0 being the cluster for the channel 0 and element 1 being the cluster for channel 1.  Use Index Array to separate them for processing.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 5 of 9
(3,177 Views)
Wonderful, thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,172 Views)

Hello,

I have a question regarding the NI 5781.

With what accuracy are the two 100 MS/s, 14-bit, differential, DC-coupled inputs synchronized ? for example, if we measure two 1 [Mhz] sine waves with exactly the same phase at the ADC input, what phase noise (error?) should we expect ? (the sampling SCTL is driven by a 100 Mhz clock). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,755 Views)

Hello,

I have a question regarding the NI 5781.

With what accuracy are the two 100 MS/s, 14-bit, differential, DC-coupled inputs synchronized ? for example, if we measure two 1 [Mhz] sine waves with exactly the same phase at the ADC input, what phase noise (error?) should we expect ? (the sampling SCTL is driven by a 100 Mhz clock). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,754 Views)

Your question is completely unrelated to the topic in this 4-year old thread. Please start a new thread with your question.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,728 Views)