LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual analog out to daq

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey beginner here, I'm looking to use this example to get dual analog out:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4E5F83E4A3462234862574B100755F75 .  Followed along with the solution but not seeing dual waveform generation at 180 deg phase.  Was wondering if this method is dated for current versions and needs revision, or any suggestions on another method that is as general.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,474 Views)

That article should still be good.

If you attach your VI, we can tell you why it isn't doing what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,449 Views)

The example looks OK to me. What are you getting as an an output and what did you enter for "physical channels"? Are you getting an error code out?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,446 Views)

I don't have access to the work station at the moment, but I'm simply modifying the example vi Voltage - Continuous Output.vi in the examples folder of LV 2014.  All I've done is modify the loop accordingly:  iterations x 180 into phase, true boolean to Reset.  

I've setup channels in the vi Dev/ao0:1, which are to two separate galvos.

Error I'm receiving is 200524, tasks =/= data... where tasks = 2, data = 1.

Daq write is setup multi-sample, multi-channel, 1D waveform.

I'll get my vi attached as soon as I can.  

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,409 Views)

Definitely attach your VI.

How many waveforms are in the 1-D array of waveforms going to the DAQmx Write?  It sounds like you only have 1 waveform in there.

Did you define the 2nd waveform in the Waveform Settings Array by entering data into element #1?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,391 Views)

It's been a little while since I've been able to work on this, but here is the VI I'm working off of right now.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nsgr0ves

Yes.  You only have 1 element defined in the array labeled "Output Array" under the section of the front panel that says "Waveform Settings".

Go to index 1 and you'll see they are empty values.  Define values in there and run again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,333 Views)

Oh wow thanks, here I am looking for a solution in the block diagram and I completely overlooked that.  Works great now, thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,326 Views)