From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Analog Waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been trying to create a dual waveform generator from an analog voltage output.  I have been trying to use the link https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019L6WSAU, but it is not working for me.  Whenever I put more than one channel in the physical channels, the Daqmx Write (set to Analog 1D Wfm, NChan, NSamp) has an error.  It says that there are two tasks going into the Daqmx, but it is only set for one. I am unsure on how to proceed from here.  Is there a way to use a Daqmx to write the waveforms from two different channels. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,873 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmaloney14

Are you using the example they talk about in that article? If so, make sure you are generating 2 waveforms in your code. By default it is only 1 waveform. Go to index 1 and make sure it is not grayed out:

Capture.PNG

If you're not using that example, please attach your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,869 Views)

I have attached the VI that I am using.  It is from LAbeView 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,829 Views)

Go back and read GregoryJ's message.  Drag the bottom border of your array control downwards so it shows 2 elements, then note how many of those elements are showing data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,826 Views)

I've extended the array, but the bottom element is greyed out.  Then when I run the VI, I get error message -200524.  It says that I have two channels in the task, but only one channel in the data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,823 Views)

Because you haven't entered any data in that element.  So your array only contains one element.

As soon as you start entering something in the second element (index =1), you'll have 2 elements!

Using arrays is a basic LabVIEW skill.  I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,814 Views)