LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for PIC18F452 ADC SETUP

Dear All,

Any instructions for me to get suitable drivers (vi's) to setup AD Converter for PIC18F452 are highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,009 Views)

I am using NI 8451 to communicate with the MCU PIC18F452 via SPI mode.

I could not find examples in LabView Help for this application.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,005 Views)

Are you sure you can do exactly what you're asking for? The PIC18F452 is a microprocessor. Do you have code running on it? The code running on that processor would be responsible for turning SPI commands into ADC configuration, and you'd have to consult the documentation for that application to find the appropriate commands. As far as I know, no such feature is built into the PIC18F452. Or, is it possible you have some other Microchip component with a similar part number that is only an ADC?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,970 Views)

Thanks a lot for your instructions Nathand.

We did that before via aadavark adapter to write to EEPROM and setup ADC for PIC18F452.

Now we are trying to use NI 8451 to do the same. However, we need suitable VI's to set up the communication between NI 8451 and PIC18F452.

Could you tell me if there are LabView drivers so that we can download and install on our computer?

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,939 Views)

Hi James,

Are you connecting the microcrontroller to the PC via USB, or is the microcontroller only connected directly to the NI 8451?

Alex C.

National Instruments

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,911 Views)

Good Morning Alex,

The MCU, with necessary firmware loaded,  is connected to NI 8451 for SPI communication. We are not sure if there is suitable LabView drivers for NI 8451 to communicate with PIC18F452.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,899 Views)

Hi James,

Thanks for that info. Please see the following link to download the NI-845x driver:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-845x-16.0/6409/en/

Please note that this driver is compatible with LabVIEW 2013 through 2016. If you're using an older version of LabVIEW, you'll need an older version of the driver.

Furthermore, we have a great article on using SPI with the USB-8451 that I have linked below:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6975/en/

Alex C.

National Instruments

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,878 Views)

Good Morning Alex,

We still do not know how to set up the communication between NI USB 8451 and PIC18F452. For example, how many bytes to send to PIC18F452 and where to send the commands to get the correct response from PIC.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,851 Views)

You need to find documentation from Microchip about what the SPI commands are. First, you need to determine whether you're communicating to the PIC or to some other component such as an EEPROM on the same board. Then you need to find documentation for the commands supported by that component. The 8451 is simply an SPI interface.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,841 Views)