From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers MSO58

Dear Team,

I am new to LabVIEW software. I am a student and at university we have MSO58 oscilloscope. I am trying to connect this oscilloscope with labview 2020. I tried to download the MSO58 drivers from the Tools--instrumentation---find instrument drivers, but error appeared as "Error occurred and download could not be completed" as attached in as picture. 

Moroever when i downloaded MSO58, i put the unzip file to instr.lib (pic attached). Then i tried to view the drivers in the LABVIEW, its just showing agile software and not MSO58. I want MSO58 to be appeared in Labview. I tried one of the forum suggestions (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Loaded-Instrument-Driver-not-showing-up-in-the-functions-palatte/td...)and followed following steps, 

1. Go to Tools/Advanced/Edit Palette Set
  2. On the Functions Pallete that will pop up go to Instrument I/O/Instr Drivers. The only item there will be Agilent 34401. Right-click in the space next to it and select Insert/Subpalette..
  3. In the Insert Subpalette dialog select “Link to palette file in a project library (.lvlib)” and click on the OK button.
  4. By this point I assume you already have Keithley 24XX as a subfolder of the <LabVIEW 8.5>\instr.lib directory. So, in the “Select a LabVIEW library (.lvlib) file” dialog point to the Keithley 24XXX.lvlib file from the <LabVIEW 8.5>\instr.lib\Keithley 24XX folder and click OK.
  5. In the “Select Menu from Project Library File” dialog select dir.mnu and click OK. The Keythley 24XX subpalette should appear in the Instrument Drivers palette.

and also tried this

1. In the “Edit Controls and Functions Palette Set” dialog click on the Save Changes.
  1. Make sure that the contents of the zipped file containing the instrument driver are extracted to the directory ...Program Files\National Instruments\labview 8.5\instr.lib.
  2. Open up the LabVIEW project file contained in the extracted instrument driver folder.
  3. Right click the project and select "Mass Compile.
  4. Completely exit out of LabVIEW, and then start it again.  Now the instrument driver VI should appear on the functions palette.

Solution: I want to detect the oscilloscope drivers MSO58 with labview. Please help me regarding this as i am new to this forum. Thanks 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,291 Views)
  1. Download the driver from here
  2. Read the instructions on how to install the driver and the associated IVI components. 
Tektronix TekSeriesScope IVI Driver v 1.7.0 for 4, 5, 6 and 6B Series Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes.

Installation Instructions

The installation of the IVI-COM driver requires the IVI
Foundation Shared Components to be pre-installed. This download includes the
version of the shared components v 2.6.1, that the driver was developed with.
Newer versions of the shared components will work with this driver.
Older versions will not. This distribution includes the shared components
clean-up utility that should be used when removing and replacing
these components. Running "CleanupUtility.exe" when shared components
are not installed will simply result in an information message. Click
through this and then install the shared components. After installing
the Shared Components, you can install the IVI-COM driver.

1. Download the TekSeriesScope1.7.0.exe file to your PC hard drive.
Launch the self-extracting executable file. You will be prompted to select a destination folder.
Following extraction, the selected location will have a "TekSeriesScope1.7.0" folder. This folder will contain 
two directories: "x86" which has installers that run on 32-Bit OS and "x64" which has installers that run on 64-Bit OS. 
Each of these will contain two sub directories: one is named "IVI-COM Driver" and the other, "Shared Components".

2. Close the programs running on your PC.

3. Uninstall any previously installed version of Shared Components on the PC.

4. To uninstall the Shared Components run the IviCleanupUtility.exe in the "Shared Components" directory. 
Double click on this program to uninstall a currently installed version of the shared components. 
If there are no shared components installed you will be notified with a message box. 
Simply dismiss the message box and continue with the Shared Components installation.

5. To install the IVI Foundation Shared Components run the program named IviSharedComponents.exe which is located in the 
"Shared Components" directory.

6. After the Shared Components are installed, run "TekSeriesScope-x64.msi" in the "IVI-COM Driver" directory under the "x64" folder 
to install the Tektronix TekSeriesScope IVI-COM Driver on a PC with 64-Bit OS or "TekSeriesScope-x86.msi" in the "IVI-COM Driver" directory 
under the "x86" folder to install the driver on a PC with 32-Bit OS. Restart the PC if required.

NOTE: If you have successfully downloaded this software but are unable to
complete the installation per the instructions above, please contact the
Tektronix Technical Support Center. Customers calling within the U.S.
call 1-800-833-9200 (customers calling from outside the U.S.call 503-627-2400).

BTW: This excruciating process is one of the reason I hate IVI drivers. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,265 Views)